Friday, May 15, 2009

Meet TPD Chief Villasenor, May 18

TUCSON - The GLBT Community is invited to meet with Tucson's New Chief of Police Roberto VillaseƱor, hosted by Rodney Glassman, Ward 2 City Councilman, during Woody's Karoake Night, Monday, May 18, 9 PM to 10:30 PM, 3710 N. Oracle Road.

Councilman Glassman said of the event, “I put this event together after getting a call on my cellular from Dave Huff, owner of Woody's, who had questions about our new Chief's position on diversity. I thought that there was nothing better I could do then bringing people together and allowing everyone to get to know each other.”

This meet and greet, Glassman added, will have no formal program, rather everyone will be together to have a nice time, sing some songs, learn about each other, and build new friendships.

Glassman went on to state that, “I ran on a commitment of providing everyone with an equal seat at the table, embracing diversity, and making Tucson the greatest community to live, work, and raise a family. I am following through on my campaign commitment.” For more information, call Woody's at (520) 292-6702.

No comments: